Main Site Blog Help

Refund promised but still not received

I signed up for 14-day trial premium subscription on Jul . I checked very carefully that the next billing cycle will be on Aug 9, 2023. That is why I decided to cancel subscription on Aug 8, 2023.

However, when I checked my on Aug 8, I realized that ChinesePod have charged me $29 without notifying me! They also never reminded me beforehand that they would charge me. I requested for a refund immediately on Aug 8, and since I have a 30-day money back guarantee, I believe this request is reasonable. ChinesePod CS Agent promised that I could receive the refund by the following week.

It took 3 days for my bank account to be deducted but ironically, it has been 14 days, which is way over “the followjng week” they promised and I have not seen the refund reflected in my bank account. Why is there such a big discrepancy???

Furthermore, the CS agent promised to get back to me after checking with the Finance Team when I wrote an email again, but it’s been 3 days and I have not heard anything from her (Susie).

I never posted on any public website to complain about any service but the delay in refunding of ChinesePod makes me have enough motivation to spend energy and time writing out these words!

3 Likes

Hello! I have conveyed your message to my supporting team and it would take one to five working days to refund. Sorry for late reply. We will solve your problems as early as possible within the specified period of time. Wish you a happy life.

@391686637 It might be easier to just dispute the charge on your credit card :frowning: .

1 Like

Did you ever get this resolved? In the same situation myself, although it has only been ~10 days now. To make matters worse, my refund is due to them double charging me for two subscriptions. This time, they told me they cancelled my second subscription, but I just got double charged AGAIN today.

2 Likes

Can’t you call your credit card company and do a charge back?

UPDATE: Today I received a refund. It was roughly the amount that I expected, but did not include the latest month’s double charge. I imagine that this refund amount was generated before this second charge came through. Overall not too bad of an experience, and I am happy to be continuing my subscription at a normal amount :slight_smile:

1 Like