Main Site Blog Help

About the iOS category

We have a new beta app that any premium user can use. To get early access to this app, please fill in this short form and you will be added to the test group in 24-72 hours.

##Apply for Early Access to New App.

Hi,

I got my invite to test the ChinesePod app from apple, but when I clicked on the link (after installing test flight) I got the following pop up:
“The App couldn’t be installed because the developers certificate is no longer valid. To resolve, contact the developer.”

Can you help?
thanks,
Bar.

I have since been ‘re-invited’ and this time I was allowed to download the app.

A couple of early thoughts regarding it:

The worst thing so far is that when I was offline I couldn’t see my downloaded lessons - whatever I tried it said I needed an internet connection so I wasn’t able to use it for my daily commute. If when I have an internet connection I set the switch to show downloaded lessons only then I am OK when I am away from the Internet, but if I forget to do this before I go out the app becomes useless.

when I am in a lesson I find the ‘eye’ icon a bit hit and miss - it sometimes shows the translations, it sometimes doesn’t (the same thing happens in the Android app. but I had thought that was a problem with my phone - now I think it is the app as the same thing happens with my ipod touch).

As far as the translations are concerned, I preferred the older apps which allowed you to translate on a line by line basis (reducing the temptation to cheat!), I also liked the glossary within the translations which I sometimes find necessary when there are a few new characters that I don’t know.

It also seems that you can only play the individual sentences if you are online - another bad point when you’re trying to use it commuting.