Main Site Blog Help

Android App Update - v2.0

“also it would be better if the app doesn’t require internet connection. i have a good connection now but before it was bad and I couldnt use the app outside on the move.”

Consider this also. When someone doesnt have internet or is in the plane he cant learn.

@markus @648613770,

I’m looking into what could be causing the expansion sections to not display fully and will keep you guys updated. Hopefully it’s a quick fix.

@markus

What sort of ideas do you have about ‘offline’ content?

At the moment, lessons can be downloaded, and when you’re left without an internet connection, ‘Downloaded Only’ can be selected from the side menu to show only content that is available offline. Granted, this switch to ‘Offline mode’ should happen automatically when the app detects the loss of data - better network connectivity awareness is something which is being worked on - but you should be able to use the app offline if you’ve downloaded lessons.

Is this what you were referring to? Or maybe you had something else in mind?

Hunter

One feature that I would like is to be able to skip to the beginning of the lesson while already part way through the lesson without having to manually scroll back using the time slider. Perhaps long pressing the same buttons that skip forward or back by 30 seconds?

Another great option would be to have the Chinesepod app show up as an audio source in Google’s Android Auto. Currently I am unable to control the lesson or app while I am using Android Auto in my car. Google recently released a stand alone Android Auto app that you can use without having to have the necessary hardware in your car so I can only assume that more people will be using this feature in the weeks to come. ChinesePod is the perfect commuters companion so it would be nice be able to listen to the lessons while driving.

Took me a while to figure this out - only figured out how to get the app to continue to the next listen automatically by finding this forum post and your screenshot. Might want to make this more obvious! Thank you for this thread :slight_smile:

If you are interested in how to update Android of iOS apps - read this article - How to Update Apps on iPhone and Android-based Device. Follow the Best Practices

Is this an official Google play app? Sounds like it might be an issue with the phone tracking app, or coincidental??

Hi I am facing these issues. Why can’t I download any lessons on my phone. I am a basic user. and am using a Samsung S6 with Android 7.0

I’m pretty sure full app usage is limited to Premium subscribers. Basic subscribers can download from the website though.

Hi,

Having exercises as on the web version would be great, but also I think the app can do better than the website. There is a feature I saw in other Chinese learning apps where the app tests your pronunciation,highlighting the words which I mispronounced. Would be great for the app to test pronunciation of the lesson dialogue, for example.

Please keep up the great work,
Best regards,
Alexey

1 Like

I’m having trouble with your app. I alreypaid for premium but I still can’t access premium content. It’s been four days!!!

It’s like I just threw money out the window…

Please contact support@chinesepod.com for one of our agents to help with your problem.

Do you have proof of purchases like a Google Play receipt. Hopefully we can give you access ASAP.

Hello
Do you support Google Pixel phone? I downloaded the Chinesepod app but none of the videos or audio is playing. I noticed another app called Chinesepod next but that is not compatible for Google Pixel. Please help. regards Karthy

Hmm, I would think so. Have you emailed support@chinesepod.com?