Main Site Blog Help

Audio stops when screen is off

After a recent update (not sure how long ago) the Chinesepod app stops audio whenever my phone screen turns off. This happens if you don’t touch the screen for 20 seconds or so like most phones. I am using a Huawei P10 phone with Android 7.0.

Is this problem unique to me or are you aware of it? Thanks.

1 Like

I have the same problem using samsung S8. It is very disruptive. I need to constantly turn my phone back on to hear the lesson every 2 minutes when my screen turns off. Please help! Thanks.

Same. Android 8.1.
I noticed that with BT audio connected, you can resume playing via the Bluetooth device’s play-pause button.

Same here. Sony XZ1 Compact. Somewhat defeats the purpose of the app for me.

That must be frustrating because you don’t want your content to stop playing or burn your battery with the screen still on. I will talk with our team I know we are already working on ironing out somethings with our apps.

Thank you for that. I hope it gets resolved quickly.

1 Like

Any progress? Thanks.

Burden of hope, I wish you had better news, but so far there isn’t a release date.

I will let you know we announce the winners to the app contest by the end of the week and you hope that you will hear more for the development team soon.

Not sure if this is of help to anyone. For me also the audio stops when the screen gets off. However, if I minimize the app before the screen goes off, then the audio continues. I am using HTC U11.
Just a workaround of course.

1 Like

Same problem, different phone. Really hanging out for a solution as basically cant listen / study :frowning: Any updates on potential fixes?

I have a Google Pixel 2 and the same problem others have mentioned. :frowning:

Thanks, that helped me!

I am thinking About buying the premium Membership during the current sale.
I tested the current status of chinesepod.
While the current Content is really satisfying (i like the different hosts and their totally different style), I wonder how I could use chinesepod on the go.
I use Android.
I have also the issue, that there is not any more a wakelock implemented for Audio.
And also the RSS-Feed seems to not work anymore, so I cant listen to podcast with a podcast Player.
Anybody has a idea, how to use chinesepod on the go?

Without mobile usage, I would rarely use chinesepod. So please give me a quick a quick Response (as Long as the Christmas sale is running)

I’m not familiar with Android, but on iPhone I typically use Safari. Unlike the app, it has all the features of the full website and has worked fine for me.

Many thanks.
Didn’t think of that.
Yes it is working, my browser on Android continues to Play Sound, when the screen turns off.
This seems to be the best way for chinesepod (neither on Desktop or mobile).

Great, In time to get the Holiday offer :slight_smile:

Either use a web browser or, if using the app, minimise the app BEFORE turning the screen off. Ot will then carry on playing. If you forget you can just hit play again on the banner-thingy but it’s a bit annoying.

Same here. It is quite annoying : I cannot listen to anything while my phone is in my pocket. Hope it gets fixed soon