Main Site Blog Help

Bulk download courses

Hello everybody,

I am a big fan of chinesepod and for me it’s totally fine that you can’t provide that much new content at the moment. I am still working my way threw the endless amount of lessons.
Is there a possibility to bulk download lessons for a whole level (Newbie, Beginner, etc). The reason is, that I am very often on business trips for a couple of weeks. During these trips I have no or very lousy internet connections.
I will stay a member and pay my share, but I would love to use the lessons offline. Downloading each lessons is just a lot of work.

Thanks for your help!
Best regards

1 Like

Hi, Ben3Ben3,

Have you tried the App? You might give it a try. We are making several changes and will consider this one in the new rollout.

Thank you for your suggestion,

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response. Yes, I tried the app. But still I have to click every lesson itself.
Additionally: I am a laptop person. I prefer learning with a laptop, not a smartphone.

2 Likes

I’ve always been a big laptop user too. The best way I’ve found is to use the iTunes feed, and bookmark the lessons you want to download. To streamline the bookmarking process, you could go to your dashboard, find “More,” and then there’s a “Library List” option. You can filter the lessons you want to download, then go down the list clicking “Bookmark Lesson” over and over.

Once the lessons finish downloading into iTunes, I then select them all and change the “Media Kind” to “Music” instead of “Podcast.” That moves them into my permanent library. I’ve found that if I don’t do that, they end up disappearing at some point for one reason or another.

3 Likes

I just created a video on how I download and manage ChinesePod lessons. Later on I’m also going to show how I make my own ChinesePod books, but it’s not finished yet.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the tutorial and your help! Great Blog by the way!