Main Site Blog Help

Dictionary Features changed?

I used to be able to download audio files for example sentences via the dictionary and don’t see that option anymore on the new dashboard. On the old dashboard, searching the sentence example dictionary keeps returning no example sentences. Is this feature working?

1 Like

Hello,

I just tested the dictionary function on both dashboard and everything seems to be working fine. Could you tell me which phrase or word you searched for?

As for the audio download function, unfortunately it is not available on the new dashboard. I’ll forward your input to our designer. Thank you for the feedback!

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for your quick response. I’m only encountering this issue with the old dashboard. The new dashboard returns results normally. I’m using Chinese Pod on a Surface Pro and I’ve tried running searches in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge browsers. I’ve also tried on my phone and have received the same results. I’m not using private browsing. I’ve also tried logging out, clearing my cache and browser histories.

Also, if it helps, I created a quick video capture of the behavior via Techsmith Capture:

https://www.screencast.com/t/U9BzxL0UtgpI

I’m very disappointed to learn that the download feature was not included in the Dashboard redesign. The ability to download audio files has been very helpful in allowing me to study effectively. This feature is included in other Chinese study resources that I use and I consider it a necessary feature of any subscription based learning resource.

Thanks again for your help.

Hello,

Thank you for the video. It seems that the dictionary page is not working for you at all. I have attached a screenshot of my search result on the page:

May I ask what you see when you click on the link below? This is the result page for the word 狗 and I wonder if you can see the same result as I can.

In the meantime, I’ll ask our IT department to see what we can do to fix this.

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

Very strange! When I click the link, I see a search with no results:

https://www.screencast.com/t/wzurAIXTSG

1 Like

Hello Chinesepod staff. I am experiencing the same problem: no sample sentences on the dictionary page. Please correct this issue. Thank you.

1 Like

Hello Mingmao,

Thank you for letting me know. We’ll look into this as it doesn’t look like an individual issue anymore.
I’ll update you on this thread.

Rebecca

In my practice, I use translators with additional functions. In addition to audio files, I can upload photos with text to be translated. I think this is a very convenient feature that facilitates the translation process. Unfortunately, many people stopped using paper dictionaries and underestimated their functionality.

1 Like