Main Site Blog Help

Different thumbnails (pictures) for newbie lessons?!

I’ve been using old newbie lessons for writing practice and I see that the cover pictures have changed! What is inspiring this change? I have been on Chinesepod for several years and I am nostalgic about the original pictures - I also recognize them and its confusing to suddenly have a new thumbnail/picture.

If I was a true newbie, then all the chinese characters without any pinyin (like the original covers had - characters with pinyin underneath) would be very intimidating.

Is the plan to redo all the original lessons?

Hi there,

Thanks for your support for a long time and we are sorry for the inconvenience. But to fix the problem, could you give us some examples (e.g. screenshot)? As I know, on the thumbnails we have now unless it’s an upper-intermediate or advanced lesson, there is only an English title. Besides, in the video, there’s pinyin above each character. Because of these, I am a bit confused that which thumbnail or content lacks pinyin.

Betty

Thanks for your response! I can understand the confusion, I tried to describe it as clearly as possible but it was hard to describe the picture! I’ve attached screenshots of what I’m talking about. Hopefully that helps clear things up.

Thumbnail 1 Thumbnail 2

Hi there,

Thanks for your quick response. We will update the thumbnails as soon as possible. But, as you know, there’re thousands of lessons on the website, so it will take us a long time to fix all of the lessons. Please give us some time. Afterwards, there is only Chinese title on upper-intermediate, advanced, and media lessons while there’s only English title on newbie, elementary, pre-intermediate, and intermediate lessons.

Betty