Main Site Blog Help

Dissapointed - It's 2016 and there is no IOS app?

Dear Friends of Chinesepod,

I was a vivid user of chinesepod in 2010, back then i used your mobile app and was just happy. I’m back in china, back in chinese school - one of the first things i did was to renewal my chinesepod membership.

I just figured out that you guys do not have an iOS app. Are you really serious about that - wer are in 2016 not in 1996.

If there is an app out there please let me know how i can find it…

Thank you,
Thomas

euh… There is one…? An old one and a beta one which is coming a final version … one day ^^
But from my side I have no problem…

You can apply to test the beta app with the link below.

http://bit.ly/1NS9995

Otherwise, you might also be interested in this articles if you want to just listen to the shows and read the PDF notes.

Kind regards

@GwilymJames
Thank you - i signed up fo the trial. Looking forward to try the beta app!

Best,
Thomas

Why does we shall apply for a beta app??!!! We paid money for your service, I would like to get now a final app an no, beta app. You think we are stupid??:grimacing:

@ruishiredbird The final app is still being developed and requires approval by Apple to go onto the iOS app store for the public to download. The beta app is the same app that will be released on the app store, but by releasing it using this method allows ChinesePod users to use the app before it gets final approval from Apple.

If you would like to use the CPod app then I would suggest that you apply to use the Beta app and @GwilymJames will approve your request.

Beta App Request Form

Dear Chinesepod. When are you going to release iOS app? i think everyone who signed up and paid for the lessons expects the app to be available. Thanks

Fully Agree with wojtuk.

@ Chinesepod. I still can’t believe that there is no app available and do not believe that Apple is to blame for this. You even make an advertisement on the page for the apps you have. That is highly misleading as it misgudes users that sign up for a plan and then find out that there is no app. I think that this is a serious reason to ask for a refund of the money that was already paid.

The old iOS app is still working for me. If it weren’t I would do one of 2 things. Either listen in the browser or download the mp3s then transfer to my iphone. I also think there’s a direct link on the website for customer complaints/troubleshooting…

Thanks for that hint. That only works if you haven’t deinstalled the old app. Once you upgrade your phone your are doomed since the app is not available in the App store any more.

Downloading and manually transferring reminds me of the very first ihpne that had no app store yet :wink: Sorry but that is not a practical solution. I really hope that CP gains speed on this one.

On your iPhone, if you go to the App Store app, then tap on Updates, then tap on Purchased at the top, are you able to find the old ChinesePod app there? I think I’ve heard in the past that apps that are removed from the store are still available through this method on the Mac, not sure if it works on iOS too. Depending on how many apps you’ve purchased, you may have a long list to scroll through!

Hope it works!

@ruishiredbird The final app is still being developed and requires approval by Apple to go onto the iOS app store for the public to download. The beta app is the same app that will be released on the app store, but by releasing it using this method allows ChinesePod users to use the app before it gets final approval from Apple.

You have been telling me this (probably the others as well) since many weeks now. I even installed the beta app, but nothing is working there - to be honest: it’s really a pain in the a… & bothersome!

Please recall: I’m paying for ChinesePod, I/we are not using it for free!

By the way: in your beta app - which you write is supposed to be same app as it is going to be avaible very soon on the app store - nothing happens/starts playing when I click on “Dialogue” or “Full Lesson” for example, so I can’t listen to anything.
Moreover how do I add any selected vocabulary to my vocabulary lists, I can’t find anything in the app?

In the beginning I was very enthusiastic about CP, but having been put off over and over again during the last weeks I’m really losing patience on paying for that
(I only have time to learn on the way and this is not possible at all since too long already!)

We apologize for this, and unfortunately we have had many, many problems with getting the iOS app working on the app store. We are still working on getting one approved.

In the meantime, there are still several ways you can study ChinesePod, such as using your premium RSS feed and listening to the lessons that get updated daily on the apple podcast app or any other RSS feed reader. Alternatively you can use the mobile website, or study on the website at home and enjoy all the recent videos such as the Say it Right series, which is a web-only video course.

ChinesePod comes with multiple services aside from access to the app, but if you would rather forego using our services because of this, please write to our customer support staff at support@chinesepod.com for a refund and explain that it is because of the app and i’m sure they are willing to help you out.

In the meantime, we will keep you updated of any updates regarding the iOS app on the forum.

Apologies once again and kind regards