Main Site Blog Help

Download lessons impossible for Windows 10

Hi @YuQinCai, @Constance_Fang @Fiona and the ChinesePod team, my question is this:

I cannot bulk download lessons. I cannot download even a single lesson. Have spent two hours googling and following links on the site. There is no way I can use iTunes to subscribe. Nothing ever appears there. I use Windows 10. I wish a refund of my annual subscription.

Hi Denny,

I am really sorry to hear that. You mentioned that you cannot download a single lesson. To fix the problem, I was wondering that is it because (1) there’s no button to click and download or (2)when you downloaded it’s loading all the time and fail or (3) is there other situation? As for bulk download lessons through iTunes, have you tried this:
https://chinesepod.com/tutorials/beyond-the-basics
Last but not least, about the refund issue, I have already forwarded it to our customer service. They will contact you soon. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Betty

Betty,
Re: “Hi @YuQinCai, @Constance_Fang @Fiona and the ChinesePod team, my question is this:”
Could I gently suggest that you get whoever is doing your web development these days to fix this default greeting? After all, YuQin, Constance, and Fiona have not had any connection with ChinesePod for a very long time now. (Maybe “Hello, Betty!”) You deserve credit for all your diligent troubleshooting.

Hi podster,
Thank you so much. I’ll forward this to our technical officer.

got the same situation ;(

I used to have a similar issue when I was using Windows 10 to download lessons. I found that the website is not fully compatible with the Microsoft Edge browser, which caused problems when trying to download the lessons. What worked for me was switching to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox instead. Once I did that, I was able to download lessons without any issues.

1 Like

I have found the same thing. I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that the site hasn’t been meaningfully updated since before Edge was released as a browser.