Main Site Blog Help

Downloading Lessons Playlists

Hi @YuQinCai, @Constance_Fang @Fiona and the ChinesePod team, my question is this:
Hi guys,
Do you know how to bulk download lessons for a whole level (Newbie, Beginner, etc) or how to download a playlist? ( HSK1, Business, etc) instead of downloading lessons one by one?
i appreciate your help

That’s my specialty!

The bad news is: There is no way to download an entire level. But the good news is that there are ways to download all of your bookmarked lessons, and also to download Playlists. I have a video posted on my personal blog:

In the video, I neglected to mention that if you want to download playlists (like the HSK 1 Playlist), you can do so by subscribing to the other RSS feed in your settings: “The address for your course feed.”

ok thanks, TBH i have never used iphone because im on the more of an Android guy, however your idea seems good, my question is , once you add it to the poscast and then to your song playlist in itunes, are they stored there forever? and can you download them to a Windows PC?

If you’re using Windows, you can download iTunes for Windows. As far as I can tell, it works the same way as the version for Mac. Some of the menu items will be in different places, though.

My experience is that if you leave the “Media Kind” as “Podcast,” these files WILL disappear. If you change it to “Music,” the files will be permanently stored in the iTunes library. If you want to actually get to the files, you can right-click on a lesson, and there should be an option allowing you to go to the actual file.

The song playlists are also permanent until you delete them.

The big question I don’t know is: How to get these onto an Android phone. I have no experience with that.

1 Like