Main Site Blog Help

台灣國小 '國語' 課本: Elementary School Textbooks from Taiwan

Hi @YuQinCai, @Constance_Fang, @Fiona and the ChinesePod team, my question is this:

Hi everyone at ChinesePod,

I remember Fiona mentioning in one of the videos in the past… how her mother bought school textbooks from Taiwan to teach her and her sister and how her mother only spoke to them in Mandarin at home and that’s how she speaks it so well even though she spent most of her life outside of Taiwan.

Can elementary school 國語 textbooks from Taiwan be purchased online? If so, what website(s) could I find them at? 在台灣用的小學’國語’課本也在網上買得到嗎?

I’m in the US and would like purchase them now that I have a native tutor that could help me.

Thank you.

You might want to contact the Taiwan Economic and Cultural Representative Office (“TECRO”) in the US. I believe they support children’s Mandarin programs at Chinese Schools in the US by providing textbooks, and could probably refer you to such a school in your area, if there are any.

Lol.

Never mind.

A friend of mine helped me find a link of a website where I could buy these books. The books themselves seem very cheap, too, but I’m probably gonna have to pay a hefty price for international shipping. Whew!

http://www.k9books.com.tw/ec99/knsh/default.asp

1 Like