Main Site Blog Help

Good series on the website

Hi @YuQinCai, @Constance_Fang @Fiona and the ChinesePod team, my question is this:

I’ve been really enjoying following some of the series on ChinesePod, I’ve recently studied Lao Wang’s office, the Beauty Pagent and Zhang Liang and Lili. Are there any others at intermediate or upper intermediate that people would recommend?

I’m a big fan of those series, too! It’s kind of like the closest thing out there to interesting graded audiobooks at those higher levels. One of my favorites is the “Detective Lee” Upper Intermediate series. I wrote a blog post that lists out a lot of the series that have appeared on ChinesePod.

1 Like

That’s fab, thank you so much. I’m doing my HSK4 fairly soon and the intermediate ones are pitched at just the right level of vocab. Completely agree that having the story helps to embed the vocab better as you hear a lot of it repeated.

Would be great if these could be made into playlists in the app at some point but I’m making my own for now, thank you again!

2 Likes

I’ve downloaded all of them, and created playlists in iTunes. It’s a bit of work, but I’ve found it to be well worth it.

I just started the 谋杀案 Advanced series. Since I’ve already done all of the rest of the Advanced series, this may be my very last ChinesePod story ever. Sad! :cry:

I didn’t even know you could do that! I will have to have a go as it would be way easier - I do most of my practice in the car and the app doesn’t connect brilliantly all the time.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hi there,

Glad you like our lessons. We’ll make more lessons like these series. If there’s any topic that you’re interested in, please let me know.

Betty