Main Site Blog Help

Hello from Wales!

Hi there!

I’m Sara. After dabbling in the free features of ChinesePod for a while, I took the plunge to sign up for a the premium service with the Singles’ Day discount. I’ve been learning Chinese (slowly) since 2014/2015, but now want to step up the pace and also improve my listening skills.

I’m feeling most comfortable at the pre-intermediate level although there are intermediate ones that I find easy and Elementary ones where I’m lost (mainly because of the vocabulary), so I’m hopping around the levels quite a bit.

I would love to be able to group lessons into my own playlists on the site (or app, but preferably site), so that I can set up a series of connected podcasts to work my way through over several days and then being able to easily go back and revise. Is that possible?

2 Likes

Hi Sara,

Welcome to ChinesePod! And thanks so much for writing in the forum!

I am happy to hear that you are “level hopping” and I hope you do not stop! This is how natural learning leads you to learn like a child, i.e. you can follow your instincts and interests to find the lesson you want to play. Your learning background and history will influence you and guide you to feel your way in this very resourceful pool and so do not be worried to dive into a higher level if the lesson topic interests you; and vice versa, to lower levels to discover more!

On playlist, our website is unfortunately a bit limited in the filtering and playlist setting. I hope you can bear with us, while we are upgrading on our general IT system.

We look forward to seeing your comments on the lessons! Happy learning!

1 Like