Main Site Blog Help

How to use ChinesePod to its fullest?

I study Mandarin since 2015 completely on my own, and I’m a subscriber since 2016. I have just reactivated my account after several months of inactivity. My vaguely defined goal for the next year is to increase the richness and complexity of my Mandarin. In those few days, since I’m again a subscriber, I have discovered many great old lessons (I mean really old, like 10 years old). I have studied a few and I have numerous questions. Where is the right place in the Forum to ask a linguistic question relevant to an old class? I don’t think the discussion part of those classes is active now.

I have found that if you ask a question in the discussion section on one of the older lessons you will get an answer from Bec or others within a day or so. You have to keep going back and checking for the answer as you don’t seem to get a notification that your question has been answered. Re an open discussion with others that will depend on how many other people are reviewing the older lessons as the same time as you. Other than that as you have done here, ask your question and you may find others will answer you. Hope that helps. Roy

Hello there,

If you have any academic-related questions, just as Roy said, you’re more than welcome to comment in the comment section or ask them on the forum. I’ll do my best to answer your questions and other users will support you too.

Rebecca

In earlier versions of the web site (even older than the current “old” dashboard) the user comments were visible on the home page. I think the fact that they are not is the main reason that there is almost no community-provided feedback. However, for a long time (years) there was not a wonderful team member such as Becca who promptly and thoughtfully answers user questions. I think many more users would benefit if the Q&A were not so hidden.

It is indeed a shame that community feedback on the website is less active these days and not every user knows about the forum. Hopefully by answering the comments under the lessons and on the forum, we can spark the lively conversations again.