Main Site Blog Help

iOS app button "hit targets" difficult to hit

I’ve been using the iPhone app for a couple of months now. It works well for me, but there is one thing that I find very difficult to use. Some of the buttons in the app are hard to press. I believe this is because the “hit targets” of the buttons is too small or too close to the screen edge to hit easily.

The screenshot above is the “Playlist” screen on an iPhone 4.

The red buttons in the top left and top right to “dismiss” and “activate delete mode” are 2 hard-to-press buttons. I believe these buttons are both too small and sit too close to the iPhone system bar. When I try to tap them I must try several times to actually activate them.

Once I manage to activate delete mode, the red circle “delete” icons down the left side of the list are also difficult to hit. I believe these buttons are also too small.

The UI guidelines from Apple recommend that button hit targets measure at least 44px x 44px. If the hit target on these icons is only as big as the icons themselves then the target area is only 16px x 16px.

Would you please make the hit targets on these buttons larger so that they are easier to activate?

Thank you!

Hi iknowcss,

Thank you for choosing ChinesePod and downloading the App! We’ll be considering your suggestion on our next update. Do keep on sending us ways on how we could improve our app and services. Your opinion matters.

Cheers!