Main Site Blog Help

List of vocabularies with same syllables but different tones

Hi! I am trying to brush up my tones. I was wondering if there is any list of voabularies with same syllables but different tones.
I think the typical ones are:
吗麻马骂 Ma1 má mǎ mà
是 十 shi4 shi2

If you know of a list that would be extremely helpful but otherwise hearing your favorite ones will also be interesting :slight_smile: thank you very much :slight_smile:

Hi myna27x

The link below provides the complete list of all Pinyin syllables used in standard Mandarin with their corresponding tone variations.
https://www.archchinese.com/chinese_pinyin.html

I hope this will be helpful.

Hi Since 71! thank you very much. I was more looking for a list of vocabularies rather than a chart of pinyin but I notice that if I click each Pinyin syllables it also provides example of words with that pinyin syllable so it seems helpful!

When you say “brush up my tones” do you mean improving your pronunciation or listening comprehension? I don’t have the list you are looking for (and since you did not specify “common words” such a list could run into the tens of thousands) , but there are quite a few videos out there that you might find interesting, as well as John Pasden’s tone pair drills for trying to help you improve pronunciation and understand tone changes.

Hi Washigntondcmandarin, thank you very much. I meant pronounciation but yes ultimately listineing.
I went through the link you provided and I particularly found it useful to practices tones in combination rather than individually.
I will work on that… Thank you