Main Site Blog Help

Multiple minor technical errors when accessing expansion and exercises

Device used: MacBook Pro
Software version (Windows 10, macOS Sierra etc): Mac OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6
Browser used: Safari 10.0.1

Bug description:

When I’ve been playing the lesson whilst doing the exercises, once I’ve finished with the exercises I then like to look at the expansion/grammar tabs but I when I try to ‘reveal’ the English or pinyin of a sentence, the page will jump to the top of the comments section. It has been doing this without fail for several weeks on all the lessons I access. The only I’ve found to temporarily ‘fix’ it is to remember how far in the lesson audio is, reload the page, press play on the lesson audio and drag it back to the last point it was at and then access the expansion/grammar tabs. I can’t really provide a screenshot of this because no error message comes up - the page just jumps around the tabs like as described above.

Also, when saving some vocab words, it will often save it twice - the ‘bubble’ saying it has been saved/already been saved appears twice simultaneously. This I don’t have a problem with but I noticed in my vocab manager that it appears to be duplicating words and I don’t think that’s a coincidence. (This is what is shown in my attached screenshot) I then have to manually delete the duplications which is annoying. It doesn’t do this with every word although so far it has done it several times in every lesson I’ve accessed over the last few weeks.

Similarly, when clicking to reveal the English or Pinyin of a sentence in the expansion of grammar tab, sometimes it will come up with a bubble telling me I’ve already saved that word even though I’ve not clicked on any word - only the ‘…’ to reveal a sentence. It’s annoying when it saves words that I don’t want saved when I haven’t even clicked on them. Again, this doesn’t happen with every sentence but it had happened at least once in every lesson I’ve accessed over the last few weeks. This is also hard to show in a screenshot.

Link to bug:
Screenshot of bug:

1 Like

I have not been able to replicate the show pinyin/english bug at the moment but I can replicate the “add word” bug, seems to happen 9/10 times so you’re not alone. I’m using Windows 10 and I’m having this issue both with Chrome 62.0.3202.94 and Firefox Quantum.

Thanks in advance to the team :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad to hear I’m not alone! Hopefully all will be fixed soon - I’ve already noticed some improvements. And yes, thanks to the team who work so hard on the site :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Chinesepod - could you please look into getting some of these errors fixed? :slightly_smiling_face: I’m still experiencing all the errors described above.

Also, another error which seems to have appeared is when looking at the expansion or grammar sections and clicking the ‘…’ to reveal the translation and then that sentence disappears/collapses and I have to refresh the page for it to appear again.

I’ve tried using ChinesePod in FireFox instead of Safari but I still experience the same errors. Surely I can’t be the only one this is happening to?! I know I’m not going crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi EmmaLouise,

Thank you for reporting the problem. We have forwarded your concern to our technical team for checking. If problem still persists within the next few days, kindly contact support@chinesepod.com. Thank you for choosing ChinesePod!

Cheers!

Hi Carissa - Thanks for your reply and assistance. Unfortunately the errors are still persisting and I think one or two more have cropped up. I shall email support@chinesepod.com like you said.

Hi Emma,

Just checking if anyone form the support team has gotten in touch with you?
Received a status update that the first part regarding the multiple technical errors has been resolved. With regards to the grammar section errors, kindly cross-check Lesson settings on left side bar where you can hide pinyin and english for each grammar (it seems to be hidden as per screenshot). If problem still persists, please provide more screenshots and browser details to support@chinesepod.com.

Thanks,