Main Site Blog Help

My experience with a dispute credit card charge

One more time, there is a case in this unethical pre-payment!
What can I say more than all the other cases? Chinespod is cheating their customers with some auto payment renewal , without inform clients prior issue date!
My experience last year I already got this issue, so I canceled my renewal from iPad . I had to switch out an option that I NEVER SWITCH IN! Meaning it’s Chinese pod responsibility and like many other clients I never get any messages/emails from Chinese pod to confirm it, but this year again!249$! So as soon as my bank informed me, I directly wrote to Chinese support, on the same date as the renewal, to explain the situation, this is stealing people money!!!
They don’t want to hear anything, claiming for their policy.
This is unacceptable.
Now I had to do the cancellation again, but this time from website.
I don’t know if the cancellation didn’t work the first time due to your upgrade version on iPad… but this is weird…
Anyway, I am expecting an explanation from your side and of course a refund for this unwanted/surprised/ and especially NOT INFORMED billing

Hello,

I’m very sorry that you have to go through the same issue two times, and I understand it must be incredibly frustrating for you to get charged unexpectedly. I have forwarded this problem to Paris, our student relation representative, and you will be hearing from her soon. Again, I’m sorry to hear about your negative experience, and I hope this issue get solved soon. I will keep following up on this case and update you here on the forum.

Sincerely,
Rebecca

Hello Rebecca,

Thank you for your reply.
Like your said it is unfortunate and I am disappointed. hope Paris will contact me after your message. Today still no news.

Sincerely,
Julian

Hello Julian,

I’ll follow up on this and get back to you. Thank you for your patience.

Rebecca

Hello Rebecca,

Since your first message nobody contacted me yet to settle this. I am waiting for some news.

Julian

Hello Julian,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will check with the team and back back to you as soon as possible.

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca, Thank you for the commercial gesture.
I finally got the refund.

Julian

Hi Julian,

That’s good news! I’m so glad that this issue got resolved. I hope now you can enjoy our lessons. If you have any academic questions, feel free to contact me at rebecca@chinesepod.com. Happy learning!

Rebecca

1 Like

Thanks for sharing it, it’s awesome
masticating juicer recipe

I’m afraid that I am having the same problem. 2 years of recurring charges after I canceled my membership. No one to talk to on the CP side. No response to messages. I’ve asked Visa to permanently flag these charges.

Hello Chris,

I am really sorry to hear that you did not hear back from the student relation team. Did you send an email to support@chinesepod.com? I have forwarded your issue to our representative and they will contact you soon.

Rebecca

Hello Chris,

I talked to our student relation team today and I believe our representative Delle responded to you the same day when you reached out to us and she refunded you the payment in January and offered you 2 years subscription as credits (you can also give it to your friends as a gift!). As for the rest of the recurring charges, we would have to wait for the bank’s decision on the dispute. Again, I understand that this must be very frustrating for you. I am working with the team to see if there is more we could do for you. I will continue to keep you updated on the forum.

Rebecca