Main Site Blog Help

My experience with a disputed credit card charge

In my case, I want refund immediately in same day my card was charged (because I forgot the turn off the “auto subscribe” when I’m in trial. Because I don’t think this program works for me, I asked refund immediately. Chinepaid said they “REFUNDED” me, but I never see the refund after almost one month.

It’s very shady practice. If there is any employee from Chinesepod, please READ this thread. Your company really need do things right.

Thank you for your concern Podster:) My workload is nothing compared to what our customer support team has!

Thank you for letting me know. Perhaps there is some sort of delay in the refund. I’ll forward this to Paris and if you have reached out to the customer support team then you’ll get a reply soon!

Rebecca

Same thing happened to me just now. Got charged a full year without my knowledge. This is really bad. No prior email - including in the spam folder.

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear about this and I have forwarded your comment to our customer representative, who will look into this issue. I will keep you updated on the forum. Thank you for your patience.

Rebecca

@BeccaChu pls also look at the email I sent you concerning the redeem of my gift so I can continue to study.

Hi Markus,

We have received the email and we will reply to you!

Rebecca

I had to comment here because the CS Agent named Susie did not reply to my latest email and my thread on this forum is not approved by the moderator, which I don’t know why!

I signed up for 14-day trial premium subscription. I checked very carefully that the next billing cycle will be on Aug 9, 2023. That is why I decided to cancel subscription on Aug 8, 2023.

However, when I checked my account on Aug 8, I realized that they charged me $29. Therefore, I requested for a refund, and since they have a 30-day money back guarantee, I believe this request is reasonable. They did not notify me at all about charging me, not even a reminder!

After I requested for the refund, a CS agent named Susie contacted me and promised that I would get my refund by the “following week”. Ironically, it took 3 days for my bank account to be deducted but it’s been 15 days and maybe forever and I have not received any refund! I emailed again, the agent again said she would check with Finance department and got back to me. After waiting for another 3 days, I asked for an update and she has ghosted me since.

I have never posted any public complaint about any service I’ve used, but the inefficiency of ChinesePod has given me enough motivation to spend my time and energy writing out these words!

Give my money back!

2 Likes