Main Site Blog Help

New Android App (V2) Available on Google Play

My compliments to the team on the latest Android app! It’s working well for me on Huawei P8.

Top feature request: in-app playlist function, including ability to add the same item in the playlist multiple times (for example, my learning pattern is to listen to the dialog 2-3 times before listening to the lesson)
Second feature request: headphone button control for pause/forward/rewind

If you have these, then I can abandon using RSS and podcast player (which isn’t working smoothly for me currently anyway)

@jt1929 So great to hear you’re enjoying the app!

We’ve had a few requests to add a playlist/queue feature and it has since been added to the ‘to do’ pipeline. So stay tuned.

As far as headphone controls, there are basic controls implemented already for pairs with a single play/pause button. A single click should play or pause a lesson and a double click should rewind 5 seconds for those moments when you just missed what was said.
If by headphone controls you have other ideas, you’re using a set with more buttons, or the functionality mentioned above isn’t working for you, I’d love to hear about it. I’ve mainly been using a pair of Bose in-ear headphones to test with so other use cases would be interesting.

Thanks again for the feedback! It’s really appreciated.