Main Site Blog Help

New iOS app submitted to Apple and awaiting approval

I also agree to the previous messages.
I would lie to suggest one small feature:

When lessons are downloaded, the texts / vocabulary should be automatically downloaded as well. Otherwise, being on the plane, subway, etc., one can only listen to the lessons, but doesn’t have vocab and dialogue.

The app itself so far is a vast improvement! Congrats!

1 Like

I’ve been using the new iOS app for a little while now. It’s a nice redesign from the previous (though because I signed up for ChinesePod not long ago, I did not spend much time with it in the first place). Though I have a few pieces of feedback for it:

• I was not sure how to play the lesson. Playing the lesson is buried in the bottom left floating icon, and then the icon for playing the lesson is a microphone? Should it not be a speaker, since you are listening to the lesson through your phone? May have just been my sillyness not being able to figure it out but I’ll assume I’m not the only one :confused:
  • The app is designed literally like an Android app. I cannot see this being positive in Apple’s eyes, and having been through the review process myself a few times, I can say they really care about design. And when it looks like it was made for a competitor’s platforms, I can’t see them being happy about it. Try to use a little less Android theming and a little more iOS :smile:
  • Just curious: what does the time represent in the “about” section?

Overall the redesign is great. The animations are pretty good (not too intense) and I enjoy having all of the ChinesePod functionality that I need. Good work, all.

Is the new iOS app out yet? I am using 2.16.

My beta test version is now expired… ???

Any news about the new version?
And why my beta version expired? I filled again the form but no answer…?

I will have a good at re-inviting you.

Yes please! I don’t know why but on the previous version, when i’m connected to the car, the sound quality is really bad (while when I listen with a hearphones, there is no problem). And with the new one, as we can selected the sound quality, then it’s better ^^

EDIT : I sent my request few days, I think you just need to validate it :blush:

Hello,

Using the iOS app reviewing some old lessons. Trying to play any episode from the Pinyin program crashes the app completely (‘Full Lesson’). When I click ‘Dialogue’ or ‘Vocabulary Review’ it also just says “No audio for this lesson”.

Lost in translation, I guess.

Hi Gwilym,

Would you please re-invite me also. I haven’t found my invitation email yet.

Can you check 1.your inbox, and/or 2 your testflight app please. I just re-invited you.

Hi @leurne, did you get successfully get the re-invite?

Yes :smile: I waited the email as before but when I check in TestFlight, the time was extended

Hey Gwilym!
Do we have some news about the update? And do you think you could include all the comments from the user?

Getting on the app store is proving difficult due to some small issues with the in-app payment method. The good news is that we have a full time developer on board who is working hard on the next version of the app which will come out some time in the New Year. In the meantime, you can continue using the current beta version that we have on TestFlight.

Can you please fix the old app to work with iOS9 until such time as the new app is ready. Thanks

Are the loads of crashes that occur in the app going to be fixed soon? Maybe through a TestFlight beta update? Sorry to sound like a complainer, though half of the lessons I try to watch simply crash the app. Apple won’t be very happy with that :no_mouth:

Hi,
I filled the form but I don’t understand how to download the Beta version. I wrote “chinesepod” in the App Store - but nothing came out… )-:
I have iOS7 - is it suitable for the new App?

Thanks!
Nirit

Did you receive an email? Please search your inbox for Testflight. Alternatively, download the app, “TestFlight” from the iOS store first. Let me know if it still doesn’t show.

It should work on iOS7 but it’s always best to update to the latest OS since more and more apps are stopping supporting the older generations.

Hi Gwilym,
I received the email, but I can’t install the ‘test flight’ app because I don’t have iOS8 (I have iphone4)… so sad, but this is the way Apple forces you to buy new phone… )-;

Thanks anyway… and if you have another idea for me I would be happy to hear about it because I would really like to try the new App - it looks great…(-:

Thanks a lot,
Nirit