Main Site Blog Help

Newbie Progress

I started using ChinesePod in November this year. I started with the Newbie Daily Life course, and in another 10 days I should be finished with that.
It has been AMAZING and I have really enjoyed it. I now am able to hold a reasonable, simple, conversation to open a meeting with Chinese clients, or converse with Hotel staff, and I am really happy with that.
But I want to go on and make further progress.
I listen to one lesson each day, on audio, while I go walking, so I need to use audio, not video lessons.
Which courses/lessons should I move on to, after I finish the Newbie Daily Life course?
Should I move to ATWTI? If so, what should I go to after that?
I prefer a course, so that each lesson makes logical progression, and I dont need to go “fishing around” for lessons from different collections.
I’d be really grateful for some advice.
Thanks,
Aryeh

Hi Aryeh,

We’re working on a curriculum for newbie now. Hope this would help:

These are just part of the curriculum. When you finish them, feel free to ask for others. :slight_smile:

Betty

Hello Aryeh,
I studied Chinese on Chinesepod website, when I finished Newbie level, then I moved to elementary level. there are different levels and series video on website, also they have uploaded more new Newbie videos recently, you can check their website to continue your studying, please leave message if I can help you more.

Thanks. But I mentioned that I use only audio lessons, as I learn while I walk.
The question is, which Newbie lessons to do after I finish the “Daily Life” course.

Thank you. That is helpful. When will you complete and upload the curriculum?
Once I finish the Newbie lessons, which course do you recommend moving onto next?

Hi Aryeh,

Glad it’s helpful. We’re working on curriculum for different levels. Once they’re all done, they’ll be published right away on the placement test. As for what elementary course to move on, I would recommend the dialogue that has similar topics that you’ve learnt when you’re at the newbie level. By doing so, you can review and learn new vocabulary at the same time.

Betty