Main Site Blog Help

Premium subscription cut off 4 months early

I got a 6 month premium subscription at the end of December. Early February I was cut off from premium. Emails elicited not response.
What’s going on?

Hello Phoebe, thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will forward this issue to our student relation team. You will expect an email from our representative Paris soon. Thank you for your patience.

I never received an email from Paris, but there appears to be a very partial correction of the problem. The charge for February seems to have been eliminated, but looks like I will be charged again at the end of March. My six month subscription should go until June 23rd. It is annoying to have to deal with this again. Thanks

Hi Phoebe,

I’m so sorry to hear about this. I contacted Paris and I believe she will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you for letting me know and I apologize for the late response.

Rebecca

I still haven’t heard from Paris and as I predicted I have been charged for March even though my subscription goes until June. Please fix this.

Hi Phoebe,

I consulted with Paris and according to the email she sent to you on February 23rd, I believe your subscription is valid until 2021/08/23 and the monthly automatic renewal is cancelled so that you will not be charged by then. If your subscription status on the website says otherwise, please log out and log back in, sometimes the status does not update automatically. I’m sorry for the inconvenience and
let me know if it doesn’t work.

Rebecca

This is a screen shot of my “Billings” taken this morning after I signed in. It was the same when I signed in yesterday and the day before. My credit card account confirms that I was charged Feb 28 and March 28. There have been no refunds. I am still set up for monthly payments. Should I cancel the monthly payments? It appears this will cancel my premium subscription which is why I am trying to get you to fix things on your end. I receive the Forum emails no problems and remember receiving support@chinesepod emails. Perhaps Paris’ email went to junk. No way for me to know, but I do know the problem is not fixed. Please help.

Hello Phoebe,

Thank you for the payment details. I believe Paris sent a reply to you via email today. Please let me know if you did not receive it, thank you.

Rebecca

Hello Becca,
It looks like this is straightened out now. Many thanks for you help.

Phoebe

That’s very good news! I’m happy you get to get back to your Chinese learning. If you ever need any academic help, please send me an email at rebecca@chinesepod.com.

Rebecca