While chatting with language partners, I often find the need to ask questions such as:
- Can you say that in English?
- Did you watch that movie in English?
- Do you read English books? (As in books written in English, not necessarily books written by English authors)
- Can we switch to English?
- Can you translate that to Chinese?
- Do you know of any book in Chinese I could read?
I suspect that many of these questions are worded completely differently in Chinese, and that’s what I do when I ask them, but I am still not sure if I am using the most natural way of asking those questions. So my suggestion is to make a QingWen regarding talking about language as language learning tips is a frequent topic between language learning partners. The QingWen might be at an Elementary or Intermediate level, depending on the depth of the answer.