Main Site Blog Help

Saying things like "in English" and "to English"

While chatting with language partners, I often find the need to ask questions such as:

• Can you say that in English?
  • Did you watch that movie in English?
  • Do you read English books? (As in books written in English, not necessarily books written by English authors)
  • Can we switch to English?
  • Can you translate that to Chinese?
  • Do you know of any book in Chinese I could read?

I suspect that many of these questions are worded completely differently in Chinese, and that’s what I do when I ask them, but I am still not sure if I am using the most natural way of asking those questions. So my suggestion is to make a QingWen regarding talking about language as language learning tips is a frequent topic between language learning partners. The QingWen might be at an Elementary or Intermediate level, depending on the depth of the answer.

2 Likes

I think this would be a fun QingWen. Could even be staged as a mock language exchange.

2 Likes

Yes! I like the idea of staging it as a mock language exchange :grin:

1 Like

I totally agree with this suggestion, it could make for a really funny dialogue.

1 Like

@Constance_Fang shall we do it? :slightly_smiling:

3 Likes

Hi @SamirShaker, we have just recorded this exact lesson for you and will be releasing it in the next week or so. I will link to it when it’s on the site.

Thanks for your great suggestion.

@Fiona, @Constance_Fang

1 Like

Woho! :grinning: Thanks Gwilym, @Fiona and @Constance_Fang for being awesome! :grin:

1 Like

No problem. It will be released on the 18th March :dizzy:

2 Likes