Main Site Blog Help

Supplementary Vocab

Hi @YuQinCai,@Fiona and the ChinesePod team, my question is this:

Hi, I’ve been using ChinesePod for 2 weeks now and am really glad I found it. I like being able to take the exams on the lessons and being able to save the vocab words for flashcard study.

I noticed that each lesson also has a list of supplementary vocab words that are not included in the dialogue but are still used on the exams. It’s hard for me to remember these new words when I’m just looking at a one or two word translation and not being able to see it used in a sentence.

Seeing a character like 只是 only have the translation ‘just’ with no context or sentence example makes it difficult for me to understand what the character means and how to use it.

Can you recommend a way to study these supplementary vocab words? Thanks!

Hi 5298116644,

First of all, 歡迎!Welcome!

On each Key or Supplementary vocab there is a red diagonal arrow to the right, if you click on that, the arrow turns blue and you can see a list of other lessons that use that word:

Alternatively, you can use CP’s dictionary: go the Tools pulldown and select Dictionary.

HTH!

Wonderful! Thank you so much!!

Wow! This is just fantastically helpful. 非常感谢你. Fēicháng gǎnxiè nǐ. Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

I never even clicked those arrows before or suspected what they were for. This will save me a lot of time looking for contexts.