Main Site Blog Help

The proper way to "spell" it

Hi @YuQinCai, @Constance_Fang @Fiona and the ChinesePod team, my question is this:

So im getting a tattoo in a about a week, and ive done some research on how to spell “Make a difference” in mandarin or simplified chinese, but i keep revealing new ways to spell it, so i was wondering if anyone on this site could help me get the closest translation in either mandarin or chinese symbols. The closest ive come to it is this, yet i cant tell if its correct:
做出改变
I hope u can help me, would mean alot to me, as i dont want a tat that says some random words on my arm, tho not many would tell, id allways have that in mind, that my tat isnt fully correct.
Thanks <3

Hi @SiPPxx,
There are many ways to say " Make a difference" in Mandarin, it all depends on the context!
做出改变 is the literal translation, it’s definitely correct.(BTW they are in simplified characters.)
You can also say 让世界变得更好 which means “make the world a better place”

Hope this helps!

There’s a long discussion here (in Chinese) on which Chinese characters people would want to have tattooed onto themselves. Some of the answers were a “Do Not Resuscitate” order or a list of medical history/allergies!