Main Site Blog Help

Video lessons not available anywhere

Hi
Is it just me or all videos are no longer available on Chinesepod?
I tried several different lessons, but none are available.

Thanks

3 Likes

I am also unable to access video lessons. I only see the audio versions of these lessons.

I donā€™t know if itā€™s related, but I recall that last week (I believe on Friday) the site was down for a while for ā€œscheduled maintenanceā€. Then this morning, I wasnā€™t able to log in at all for about an hour.

2 Likes

I have noticed this too. I also noticed that on the download tab of the lesson they used to have the ability to download the video of the lesson but around a week into my starting up a subscription a couple of months ago, that was removed.

1 Like

I just tried again and now I can see videos again. Anyone else still unable to access?

2 Likes

I am seeing videos again, probably just a hiccup with where they were hosted. It happens.

1 Like

Anyone else lose access to the video lessons again? I noticed this along with problems logging in today.

1 Like

I checked just now and they seem fineā€¦ maybe temporary glitch? I get a number of those usually related to login stuff (Login Page -> Dashboard with ā€˜Retrieving Lessonsā€™ -> Bumped Out to Login Page -> Rinse Repeat). My issues correct themselves in an hour to a few hours.

Video on sites are not usually hosted on the same web server but are pulled from another one either nearby or elsewhere. This helps with load issues, if 100 people are watching videos on a smaller site it wonā€™t stop people who are just logging in to get messages sort of thing. So the site might be fine, but someone has to wake up the video server that gets stuck on some issue.