Main Site Blog Help

WeChat WiFi problem

My Samsung Galaxy s9+ is connected to my WiFi network but when I log into WeChat, I get this error message: “You are not using WLAN. Network data usage may be high if you continue.” So I think WeChat is using my mobile data instead of my WiFi. How can I fix this? Thanks.

I’m not familiar with Samsung, are you able to change the settings to have WeChat only comment with WiFi?

1 Like

There is some sort of “metered connection” test that detects if you are using a capped network like cellular data, perhaps this is detecting your wifi as a metered network by mistake. You could try turning off cellular data as a test to see if you still get that message

2 Likes

I have the same connection problem when I go to we chat. I have an Android phone. It says I am not using WLAN. Network data usage may be high if I continue. Never had this problem until recently. How to fix? Thank you

I actually had the same issue a few weeks back, and cannot figure out what causes it. sometimes I don’t get the issue for weeks, and then it suddenly comes back. I use Android too.
I know it isn’t a ChinesePod related issue but if anyone has a fix for that, I’d be happy to hear about it too :slight_smile: