Main Site Blog Help

What is the content on Youtube?

Hi, I’m a new free user, haven’t decided yet if I should subscribe now just to download everything, or wait until the new hosts arrive before deciding to maintain a real subscription, haha. But I’m curious about what the Youtube videos are? Are they selected from Premium content that isn’t coming up in a search, or are they an entirely separate thing? I’m not certain they are just Mandarin Made EZ rebranded, because the overall look seems different, but I also never watched many of those. And they’re still labeled like the website lessons.

I’m not looking for serious learning, just listening practice (mostly intermediate and up). Between the 2014-2016 free podcast, the free videos on this site, the ChinesePod PLUS Mandarin Made EZ videos on Youtube, AND of course the loss of the adorable hosts, I can’t figure out what extra value a basic subscription really offers. I know that special offer to get a month of Premium for .99 would be different, though ;).

Also, is everything on video? Is the 2014-2016 podcast just the audio version of video lessons? Or is there separate audio-only stuff that I’m also not seeing on the website?

Thanks for any clarity you can give!

Hi @naugastyle,

The videos on MandarinMadeEZ and ChinesePod Youtube are just a scratch in the surface of what we have to offer. There are audio and video lessons, and so much more. The lessons have a breakdown of grammar, pronounciation and exercises - much more than just a video on YouTube.

There will be new hosts coming and new lessons uploaded - at some point - but there are over 4000 lessons on the site today.