Main Site Blog Help

Where is the old-dashboard?

Hello,

I love to download sounds and sentences. It was told in another topic that it was possible to keep using that function in the old dashboard but today it’s impossible to switch it. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Hello,

You can switch to the old dashboard here:
https://www.chinesepod.com/choice

Hope this helps!

It does not work, Becca!

I am trying to click “Old Dashboard”, but it redirects me to the same (new dashboard) page.

Please please please, I really need the old dictionary features (you can see which exact lessons contain a certain word/expression and the whole example sentences).

Yaro

1 Like

Hello,

Hmm that is very strange. Have you tried cleaning your cookies or log out and log back in?
Here is the link to the old version of dictionary. I tried this page on an incognito window and it worked, let me know if this still does not work for you!

Rebecca

I am also having troubles of getting redirected to the new dashboard which I really dislike. I need to make a decision about renewing my ChinesePod annual subscription. Could you reassure me that you will not discontinue the old dashboard.

Thank you for your consideration.

Hi Earls,

So far we have no plans to discontinue the old dashboard, and we’ll let you know as soon as possible if we do. If you still have trouble getting to the old dashboard, try logging in with this link: https://chinesepod.com/accounts/signin
And please let me know if it’s still not working.
Don’t hesitate to contact me if you need any academic support, I’ll be happy to help!

Rebecca

I would like to understand whether essential features and accesses of the “Old” dashboard are continued in the “New” dashboard. I’m considering details like accessing the RSS-feed of bookmarked lessons which is an essential detail in listening with a podcast-app.
Or to access via “More” the “Library List” which gives better flexibility in selecting episodes. Or the possibility to download the dialogues or PDFs in the left-side menu of the episodes.
At moment the “New” dashboard looks more like a very simplified version of a dashboard without all needed (or up to now provided) functions.

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback! You can download the dialogue audio, lesson audio, vocabulary review and pdf materials (in simplified and traditional characters) in the download tab. As far as I know, the RSS-feed and library list are not available on the new dashboard but we’re constantly adding new features and we’re open to any feedback and suggestion. Please do let us know what other functions in the old dashboard you would like to see on the new one as well.

Rebecca

I miss the chart where you could see how many lessons you had done at each level. I can’t log into the old dashboard (it just sends me back to the new one) and I can’t find that chart/function anywhere on the new one.

Hello,
If you are referring to the progress chart, it is only available in the old dashboard. You can switch to the old dashboard by going to this website:
https://www.chinesepod.com/choice

Please let me know if this doesn’t work!

Rebecca

I am also very disappointed about the new dashboard, which does not show me any advantage over the old one. Besides, the new dashboard only shows me “Retrieving Lessons”, nothing more…
Please improve the new dashboard!

Hello,

We welcome any feedback and suggestion you have on the new dashboard, and we constantly implement new features and functions to improve the website. Could you let me know which features you like in the old dashboard that is not available in the new one?

Rebecca

First of all, the dashboard is frozen, see screenshot

then the new dashboard should give better guidance in how to use the material as a beginner and median student, show the progress of learning (as in old one) and give advice how to proceed with learning (which lessons, which grammar, sequence of lessons,…) in a better understood way.
As an example “Daily Life” is a collection of lectures without direct logical connection, it’s just a collection …
The main thing is, I think, personalise more for each student …he wants to see his progress and wants too be guided.

Hello, thank you very much for your feedback. In regards to the frozen page on the new dashboard, have you tried logging out and back in again? Does this occur on other pages? The progress bar would be a good addition to the new dashboard, and I’ll forward this to our designer. If you could tell me your current level and study interests, I would be able to make some lesson recommendations to you! I understand that it would be better if there are advice available on the website that makes customized suggestions to users and to keep track of their progresses. We’re working hard to move towards this direction! Let me know if you have other ideas on the improvement of the dashboard. If you have specific academic questions, you’re welcome to email me at rebecca@chinesepod.com!

Rebecca

Thanks for your reply,
the situation is like this:

• new login through old dashboard
  • switch to new dashboard
  • system asks to login again
  • login again
  • frozen new dashboard (but all left located links incl. Old Dashboard work)
  • now can switch between old and new (frozen) dashboard back and forth…
    Any further suggestion?
    Jochen

Hi Jochen,

Thank you for your explanation. I see. Have you tried clearing the browser cache and only logging in on the new dashboard? Or use another browser? Let me know if it still doesn’t work.

Rebecca

Hello Rebecca,
I cleared the browser cache, logged in through another browser … No success.
Then I logged in with another email address as a new visitor, received an email to activate a new account. With the new account I was able to see the new dashboard in all its beauty …
Then I logged in in parallel with my old email address and I was also able to see the new dashboard.
After logout and again login with my old access data the same … frozen dashboard.
So, it somehow is related to my old access data.

Jochen

Hi Jochen,

It’s great that you finally have access to the new dashboard. If I understand you correctly, you created a new account to get in, right? May I ask if you have the same subscription and access to your old account? If not, I’ll help you contact our student relation team and discuss if we can somehow allow you to have access using the new account.

Rebecca

Hello Rebecca,
you are right, I created a new account, which does not have any link to my subscription.
If you could connect the new address to my subscription would ease my login.

Jochen

Hi Jochen,

I have informed our customer service team of your issue and they will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you!