Main Site Blog Help

X-Ray Security Machines

Suggested Difficulty (Elementary etc): ____
Video or Audio: ____
Lesson Idea: Hi @Constance_Fang and Team,

How about a lesson with a dialogue about a bag that sets off the buzzer when it goes thru a security scanner?

In Shenzhen you have to put your backpack thru a security scanner like they use at the airport every time you enter the subway. They even have an extra machine to check your bottle water for liquid explosives.

For example, one time in Japan my backpack failed the security scanner check at an airport. I got all grumpy and kept insisting it was fine. They did not speak English. Finally, when I let her examine my backpack by hand she pulled out a small paring knife that I had brought to a picnic. I was like, “Oh that.” Oops. They kept the knife, but fortunately they let me on the plane anyway.

Hi,
It seems I have studied this lesson on Chinesepod, for subway or airport ? sorry, I can not remember that. yes, you are right, this lesson is very useful, since we need to go through X-Ray security every time we take subway in China.

Hi there,

Thank you for your suggestion. We’ll take those topics in consideration for our upcoming lessons.

Cheers!