Main Site Blog Help

Yes, ChinesePod is Changing!

Hello Greg38, thank you for your suggestion. I am going to pass this along to our development department and see if they are able to help you access it with your apple watch. Thank you for your support and patience! We are still trying to narrow down hosts. Like you said they have left big shoes to fill and we want to make sure they are worth your wait!

Thanks Grace. I can pause and play on the apple watch but I can’t skip back. I would like to skip back 10 seconds at a time. Also, on the iPhone app I would like to be able to use swipe gestures to jump back 10 seconds as that tiny little button is hard to press esp. since I have big hands. The lesson comments on the iPhone app show in html programming language and I can’t read it. For example it shows meta name viewport content "width device scale and Body html font size 14t etc.

@Greg38, your suggestion is timely! We are in the process of rewriting the iOS app. I will include your suggestion in the requirements. I’m not sure how many users are using the AppleWatch, or how difficult it is to implement but we will look into it.

And thank you for your support as we go through this transition and find the right new hosts. You are right, the new host will have big shoes to fill!

Hi Grace! Good to see that there is some activity on behalf of Chinesepod again. Apart from this suggestion, there have been many ideas and suggestions in this forum during the past few weeks. Also with regards to the app, which is rather dysfunctional at the moment. Are you working through all the posts to collect the ideas or would it be useful to create a new thread where users can share their experience and suggestions concerning the app?

Hey MisterXia, I am working through the posts but a new thread is a great idea! That way all those requests can be all together. :slight_smile: Thank you.

or you could just extend an existing thread:

1 Like

Hello, are you looking for people in New Zealand to contribute to ChinesePod?

Been a user for 10 years. Didn’t expect the content freeze to last so long and finally had to cancel my subscription. It’s been fun, CPod, hope you get back on your feet at some point.

Maybe Chinesepod could work through all the suggestions that came up during the past few months and condense them into a plan what you are intending to do when re-starting the app and podcasts.

After that, the community of users can give you feedback on your ideas.

That way you can build a perfect product that exactly suits the needs of your customers.

1 Like

Hi, @darkstar94, We do have an office in New Zealand, as well as in China, USA, Japan and Hong Kong. If you are interested in working with us in some way, feel free to private message me or email HR@chinesepod.com.

I’m sorry that you’re leaving. I hope that you check back with us when we get new videos posted!

So it turns out Fiona and Gwilym have just joined Skritter

3 Likes

Awesome! We love working with Skritter and encourage all growth in the Chinese language!

I’m not panicking yet. It seems ChinesePod is no stranger to PR troubles. Like when ć‡Żæ© schools folded, and Ken skipped the country. Wow, do I remember that!

Or when the entire old production team seemed to vanish at the end of 2014 with little explanation - just an “oh-by-the-way” goodbye from Jenny and David buried in a Media lesson.

Once I realized Jenny and the talent were gone, I did actually think ChinesePod was probably over. But now that Fiona and Constance are gone, it seems everyone is (again!) thinking ChinesePod is over.

We’ll see what’s next!

5 Likes

Thank you ewilc773 for your positivity. ChinesePod sure has been around a while and this isn’t our first set of changes! We have great shoes to fill and are excited about the future. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are you guys going to post a general introduction describing who you are? You already have lessons up but I do not know who anyone is. Is that up somewhere? The only thing I have seen is Grace’s general advert for Chinesepod, but who is Grace?

Hello! Yes, I’ve been kind of behind the scenes with ChinesePod but was encouraged to get out in front a little more! What else can I answer for you? :slight_smile:

Grace, can we hope that Chinesepod management has plans to hire a deep bench of talent for the future? As we have seen, nothing is more disruptive to a business when you only have a few talented people and then lose them all at once. Hire a nice-size pool of talent, treat them well and pay them well, and you’re on the road to success. And if you lose a few along the way, that’s unfortunate, but at least you’ve got more talent on deck to cover while you’re looking for replacements.

1 Like

I like where your head is at toolsen!

I used to be able to learn the vocabulary for each lesson using Skritter light. Is this function still available?

1 Like