Main Site Blog Help

ChinesePod - Podcast (New Beta App Now Available to download on App Store)

Please remove your current chinesepod application and download it again from app store.

@GwilymJames I think maybe a note should be put in the app store description. If I didnā€™t know about the forum, Iā€™d have no idea to just delete and reinstall. Great job updating so regularly!

(1) Weird minor potential bug - when I downloaded a mix of 30 intermediate & upper intermediate lessons, only 20 (I believe the first 20 downloaded) show up in the ā€œAllā€ section of the ā€œDownloadedā€ tab. However when I go to each section ā€œIntermediateā€ & ā€œUpper Intermediateā€, they are all there.

(2) There is choppiness when switching between the separate sections of the ā€œDownloadedā€ podcasts (Into --> Vocabulary --> Dialogue --> Expansion, etc). Running iOS 10.2.1 on iPhone 6 Plus.

Apologies if these were reported already above - the thread is getting long!

Thanks for the all the updates!

App still not working, canā€™t play audio of downloaded lessons without internet connection. App is in no state to be released. Very frustrating. However you are still happy to charge users for the subscription, not good enough.

Setting my mobile into flight-mode the download does have the complete audio available. However the single pieces in dialogue are missing.

Iā€™d love to try the beta app. Iā€™ve downloaded it on my Android phone and Iā€™m assuming I need to log in using my existing Chinesepod log in details - but it wonā€™t let me! It keeps telling me the password or email is in error. Can you please advise? Or do I have to sign up separately on the new app? Tried this already and it told me that my email (the one Iā€™ve registered with on the original Chinesepod website and app) was already in use.

I still cannot listen to the audio ouside the app or when locking the phone. It worked once but now the audio just stops when i lock the phone. It looks like the AudioSession is not correctly configured. This is on iOS 10.2

When you download a lesson and go offline, you should have access to all the lesson MP3s (lesson/dialogue/vocabulary review). However, it doesnā€™t download individual mp3ā€™s for the vocabulary and sentences. We did this to save space and time, but if you feel this is a feature you would like, we could look into adding it.

This sounds like a bug. Could you try the following workaround:

• Delete and re-install the app.

• If the bug still happens, use the in-app feedback found in the settings tab so that we can see your device information to help us resolve this bug.

Thanks, iā€™ve done that but it did not resolve the issue. Will report via the app.

I there. We are working on fixing this bug. Can you delete the app and download the latest version, and if it still happens, use the in-app feedback button located in settings, so that we can get all your device details to help the developers.

1. Is there no way to save vocabulary? This seems like a crucial feature so maybe Iā€™m just missing it.

2. Agree with the earlier user who said that it would be useful to have buttons on the audio files that allow you to rewind and fast-forward by 5 seconds at a time. Scanning the playback dot with your finger is really imprecise if you just want to jump back or forward a few seconds.

Besides being unable to save vocab, a couple more kinks in the word-by-word display:

1. If the line of dialogue is too long (e.g., most lines in most Advanced lessons), you canā€™t see the English translation of a word, and as far as I can tell thereā€™s no work-around (i.e., it gets cut off below the pinyin).

2. The ability to select words in the word-by-word by touching them seems very buggy. Iā€™ll try to touch a character and the red highlight will jump to some other far-away random one instead of the one I tried to highlight.

Hi ChinesePod,

I was able to use the app, it after a while the app crashed and Iā€™m not able to use it anymore. I use an iPhone 7 plus with iOS 10.2.1, although it crashed in an earlier version. I hope you can help me fix this problem because I enjoyed the new app! If the developers need more info about my device please ask me!

Thank you for the awesome content you guys are making!

Sander

Hi ChinesePod,

I was able to use the app, it after a while the app crashed and Iā€™m not able to use it anymore. I use an iPhone 7 plus with iOS 10.2.1, although it crashed in an earlier version. I hope you can help me fix this problem because I enjoyed the new app! If the developers need more info about my device please ask me!

Thank you for the awesome content you guys are making!

Sander

Please upgrade your app to the latest version (0.8.3, published on 5 Feb, 2017)

厉害! Thanks a lot! Itā€™s working again! č°¢č°¢ä½ ä»¬åø®åæ™ęˆ‘ :grinning:

1 Like

Could this be fixed soon? It is really a problem for me that the audio stops as soon as the phone is locked.
Sometimes I still can listen to the audios, but sometimes I canā€™t.

For all bugs related to the current version of the app, weā€™d like to ask users to use the In-App feedback option. This will help the developers see what device and version you are using.

This current topic is now closed, but weā€™ll open another one for the next big update.