Main Site Blog Help

Delay answer on comments and help question

I am just about to pay my subscription and enjoy the lessons. The only thing which concerns me a bit is your not answering on comments in lessons and/or help queries. I get email that within 48h there will be a reply - but nothing. For answer on lesson comment i already wait 5 days. So, whats the deal? Is that the general quality and i just
accept the status quo? Is ChinesePod still maintained or is it just for using the archived lessons?

thanks for clarification!

best wishes Gery

1 Like

Hi Gery,

I am sorry to hear that. About the delay answer, it might happen because of the
jet lag as well as a lack of people to reply. Sorry for letting you wait for a long time. We’re doing our best to fix this problem recently. I hope it won’t happen again to you.

Betty

Hi Betty,

thanks for your quick reply!
Jet lag? are you guys not located in Shanghai?

Anyways - thanks for your effort - I will think about it

best wishes

Hi Gery,

Sorry for the wrong word. What I want to say is “different time zone”. It’s because employees from ChinesePod are in different countries, so sometimes it also takes time to contact one another.

Betty

I had a subscription that was due to expire, and I was okay with this. I had decided not to renew for now… Chinese pod displayed an expired payment card and so I was confident that I did not need to cancel my subscription. To my surprise I found that payment was taken from a card which Chinese Pod had never been informed about. I wrote on November 26 to support@chinesepod to enquire about this and I have not had a reply. I guess some other subscribers might be interested to know this. Don’t rely on Chinesepod having an expired card on file. It seems that you need to cancel your subscription more actively ie by formally cancelling it.

1 Like

Hi there,

I am really sorry to hear that. So, so far, have you received any reply? If no, I have already told my colleague your situation. I hope that your problem would be solved soon.

Betty

I purchased the Cyber Monday deal but I have still not received a confirmation email, meaning I can’t access what I paid for. I have tried contacting you on every channel for the last 8 days. Please may you check…I’m left feeling that ChinesePod is acting fraudulently.

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear that. Our customer service representative has replied to you. Please remember to check out your email.

Betty

1 Like

Thank you Betty. In answer to your question, I have today received a reply from Andy Chen, who explains that Stripe, which seems to be the company which manages subscription payments, is able to access a new card number, when a previous card expires. This relies on the cooperation of the issuing bank. Evidently my bank does support this updating of card information.

So it seems that you know how to deal with the problem. Good for you. :slight_smile:

Wow, that’s kind of freaky. Brave New World we now live in…

Yes, good to know in general :open_mouth:

Thank you. I still don’t receive emails, but I have now got access to the platform.

1 Like

The quality of ChinesePod customer support is dreadful.
I had problems with payments through your website. I tried different cards, both Visa and Mastercard, different banks, even issued in different countries. I kept getting a message that ‘and error occured, please try again in a bit’… for 3 days. I contacted the support but got no answer.
So I decided to purchase a new subscription via the app. I wanted to get the annual plan, but after the previous experience I decided that I don’t trust ChinsesePod enough and kept the monthly subscription.

I got my new subscription successfully working in the app and the website. But now, suddenly after two days the website says my plan is free and I can’t access the premium content.
It stopped working in the app, too! I’ve paid, I want the service that I’ve paid for!

Please contact me ASAP.

Hi Konrad,

I’m sorry to hear that. It seems that there’s something wrong with our system. I would ask our technology officers to fix it. Besides, our customer service representative has sent an e-mail to you. Please remember to check your inbox. If there’s still any problem, feel free to leave them down. I’ll reply to you as soon as possible.

Betty

Hello

I have a somewhat technical vocabulary question: How do you write parasomnia in Chinese? You know, sleep problems like insomnia.

Hi there,

Insomnia is 失眠 [shī mián]. 失 is “to lose” and 眠 is “sleeping”.
Parasomnia is 异睡症 [yì shuì zhèng]. 异 is “weird”, 睡 is “to sleep”, and 症 is illness. Other words that are related to parasomnia are:

梦游 [mèng yóu] sleepwalking
夜游症 [yè yóu zhèng] sleepwalking
梦魇[mèng yǎn] nightmare
说梦话 [shuō mènghuà] sleep talking
梦呓 [mèngyì] sleep talking
夜食症 [yèshí zhèng] sleep eating

Hope these help.

Betty

Betty,
Great answer and very quick, but why in the world is this question and answer in this thread? I suggest you move it to a new topic.

Hi there,

Thanks for your compliments. As for the topic, every post is not movable. And if I answer the question on a new page, I am afraid s(he) might not see it. But still, thanks for your feedback.

Betty

Thanks for the explanation, Betty. Actually I didn’t mean to answer the question on a new page, but rather to move the question to a new page and then answer it. I assumed that the person who posted the question would still see it / get an email notification, but maybe that’s not how the system works. I am not an expert on Web design or how your forum software works.

By the way, I had never seen the word “parasomnia” before, and I don’t see 异睡症 [in my popup Zhongwen dictionary. Could it also be translated as “sleep disorder?” 夜食症 is also the same case for me: unfamiliar word in both languages and not in my popup dictionary. Finally, what about 梦魇, is that the same meaning and usage as 恶梦?