Main Site Blog Help

I'm Ragnar, a self-taught Chinese n00b from Iceland

大家好!我叫Ragnar,也我是冰岛人。天天我练习我的中文,都写汉字还说中文。

Hi y’all! My name is Ragnar and I’m an Icelandic software developer. I’m pretty confident that my Chinese, up there, is way incorrect :slight_smile: but that’s just a part of the process, I guess :slight_smile: .

I’ve been teaching myself Chinese for fun, for the past few weeks. I’ve been using some books, but mostly online resources to learn the basics. ChinesePod is honestly a great tool for learning pronunciation and practicing my listening abilities! So, big thanks to the team!

PS I’m looking for a good book to read, alongside other stuff. Any recommendations for good elementary grammar and vocab books?

2 Likes

Welcome Ragnar,
加油!!!

1 Like

你好 Ragnar. You might already know this but I use Chinese Grammar Wiki online for my basic grammar study :blush:

Yeah, that thing is really good!

Hi Ragnar. I like the Mandarin Companion books if you want to read for fun. We did a lesson on them recently:

Cheers

1 Like

Those look really good! I actually watched that lesson a couple of days ago and was quite intrigued. Will probably grab a book in about 1-2 months time. My vocab is pretty limited atm :slight_smile:

PS Isn’t one of the owners of Mandarin Champion John, your “predecessor” :stuck_out_tongue: ?