Main Site Blog Help

The Need for a VPN

I’m in Beijing right now and it seems I have to use a VPN to access chinesepod… what is this madness?! Surely this is temporary? Or is it another symptom of the move to Taiwan?

Dan

It appears to be fixed! All good!

I think being able to access Chinesepod in mainland China should be top priority for Chinesepod as most users will live there. But thankfully it seems ok, for now.

This is weird, I’m not sure that the blocking of Chinesepod by the great firewall of china is something within CPod’s control. If you are in mainland China it’s probably good to have a VPN service anyways.

3 Likes

which vpn service do you recommend?

We have not changed any of our servers since moving from Shanghai, and ChinesePod is not based in Taiwan, only the people that make the lessons :slightly_smiling:

Sadly, living in China and having unreliable internet is something we have little control over. We wish we could guarantee stable internet for our users there, but it changes on a daily basis. We do all we can to ensure users still have access in China. That is why we use Wistia and not YouTube to host our videos. Do you consistently need to use a VPN to access the live site, or only on certain days?

1 Like

Same problem… And the vpn is working, and sometimes not… And I’m using a free vpn on iOS which is working more or less fine, and one which I must pay and it doesn’t work.
Basically if it could work without.

The website and all the stuff is also based in China? That’s could explain why it’s so slow/doesn’t work…

Gwilym, as I didn’t get any answer I quote you :stuck_out_tongue:

For me it’s depending, when I’m in the hotel i can access to chines of but soooo slow. When I’m in the family 's house, I simply can’t access chinesepod without any vpn…

Unfortunately I am using VPN all the time while being in China, it is the most suitable way to overcome all restrictions and browse freely and securely, you can check it yourself https://www.vpnanswers.com/smoke-vpn-breakthrough-avoid-great-firewall-china/

they told me they wil try to have some server in Hong kong. But no news…

Still need a VPN from China mainland for Chinese pod… Will they pay me back the VPN?
Or did they progress on the Hongkong server?
… As everytime, we will get the answer in one year :smile:

WOAWW:!!! Thank you for the tips! Thank you soooo much!
-_-

Anyway, I don’t know why but it’s working right now… Any update?

China is a country of censorship that’s why many useful sites like facebook, Twitter or Chinese pod is blocked by a government but you can unblock these sites by using best and secure VPNs for China list of best and secure China VPN.

Facebook twitter are good website but useful… not sure. I can live without.
Poor review… the best vpn… im surprised to not see astrill as it’s becoming really poor, as this review.
:slight_smile:

For me HMA is the best vpn service because it is affordable and offers a lot of functionalities that many others provide at relatively high rates. It also allows multiple logins so you can share it with your family and friends as well.

An effective VPN is capable of offering you secrecy. You’re able to be shielded with various things. Just choose a reliable VPN and you’ll not have to stress over what you’re carrying out on the web. All you’ve got to simply guarantee is that you don’t wind up depending on the services offered by Free VPN.

A shaky net connection arrives with free VPN service. Such is able to be horrifying as though you’re obtaining pathetic network, your IP address is open for general people to witness. Such comes with the information that your web activity is uncovered as well. The greatest stress of all, nevertheless is, that you won’t have the capacity to realize that anything isn’t right unless an inspection is carried out on your IP address.

Likewise, miserable net speed is usual as of serving the majority all at once and that too with free of cost will add hardships regardless. A study can be made by using this good guide on the best VPN that I had come across earlier and I feel that it can help you a great deal as far as protected and secure association is taken into consideration.

I’d hugely appreciate if you could kindly please share your thoughts. :slight_smile:

Recently, a new ruling means that all VPN providers wishing to provide VPNs for Chinese VPN users need to register the VPN in China. It’s no big deal. Registered VPNs are perfectly legal and as long as the user uses them for legal reasons there are no problems.

I use VPN Express and have had no issues.

I am using and recommended you Fastest VPN for Chinese Pod working perfectly.

i suggest Browsec its a really dependable vpn.
Regards
JUNIBA

NordVPN is one that I just used in the Spring of 2018 and it worked well.