Main Site Blog Help

Will there be more content?

Hi ChinesePod team, my question is this: When will there be more content and how often do you plan to release new videos? It seems two months have passed without anything new.

3 Likes

Hello!
We were going to release a second episode of the hospitality series but we are having some technical issues when it comes to releasing new content. Hopefully it will be resolved soon and I will keep you updated. In the meantime, could you share with us what kind of new content you would like to see?

Rebecca

1 Like

Chinesepod also posts new content a couple of times a week on their YouTube channel:

Itā€™s available to everyone for free :slight_smile: no subscription required.

1 Like

Thanks. Personally, I would like to see more content that bridges the intermediate content with the upper intermediate content. Since purely audio lessons like the ones from the past are cheaper and easier to make, I would be really happy with just more of those!

3 Likes

I agree, the audio lessons are quite adequate for learning.

1 Like

Iā€™d also prefer if they prioritized creating audio lessons for the site over videos. Iā€™m listening to a lot of the older intermediate lessons right now. Iā€™ve found them very helpful for improving my listening comprehension.

I think bridging between Elementary to Intermediate, and then Intermediate to Upper intermediate, are the trickiest steps. More lessons focused on these transitions would be helpful for me.

3 Likes

What made (emphasis on the past tense) ChinesePod unique was the audio lessons. YouTube is chock full of people talking about Chinese and then teaching some vocabulary. There is nothing unique about that and I am incredibly disappointed that ChinesePod decided to go in this direction. ChinesePod was an excellent resource for Chinese learning when new lessons came out with a high degree of frequency, but thereā€™s nothing special about a website that has a no longer updating with any degree of frequency library of lessons.

Will the ChinesePod team respond by asking me what kind of content Iā€™m looking for instead of giving a straight forward answer on why there hasnā€™t been any new advanced content for years?
@Discobot fortune

5 Likes

:crystal_ball: It is certain

2 Likes

囧 哇唞 The Mystic 8-ball has spoken!

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Becca, please do give us the update. Since there has been no new content since June it is seeming like there might be something more to it than technical issues.

7 Likes

I totally agree with this comment. I would like the sameā€“more intermediate to upper intermediate content, and audio is just fine.

3 Likes

Iā€™m seeing lots of new content on Spotify by Chinesepod but itā€™s not filtering to the app or site?

When you say ā€œnew contentā€ what do you mean? An old lesson newly posted on Spotify? Or an actual fresh lesson that has never appeared on the website before?

2 Likes

Unfortunately,I also think Chinese Pod has become a ghost townā€¦. They charged me twice this month so I wrote asking for explanation the issue. Guess what ? No replyā€¦

2 Likes

Were you able to get it resolved? Thatā€™s pretty shady.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this. Iā€™ll make a note to keep an eye on my CC.

1 Like

Chinesepod team, could you please update us on what is going on here? There has been no new content since June.

2 Likes

I also greatly prefer the audio episodes. More convenient, and the audio version of the videoā€™s feels a bit, ā€˜clumsyā€™. The audio dialogues are THE MOST USEFUL tool on Chinesepod!

Also curious why about the break in content. Whatā€™s the gossip?

4 Likes

Hello! Currently, our team is engaged in the development of new content that is designed to meet the needs and interests of our valued audience. Rest assured, this new material is being prepared with utmost care and attention to detail, and we anticipate that it will be made available for upload in the near future.

1 Like